Saturday, December 20, 2008

Freed Up to Focus

Tonight was my last night as a part-time medical transcriptionist. I told Tom tonight that my best Christmas present this year is the opportunity to leave this job, to have all of my energy and time to focus on getting my dissertation completed and caring for our family. An added bonus of course for the winter season is not having to drive to work in snow and ice at 10 pm twice a week. Now that the job is behind me, I am freed up to research and write. I noticed a book on Tom's night stand tonight entitled 'Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done'. It's geared towards the business world, but I think it is a good theme for me in the coming months. What do I need to do day by day to get my dissertation done? Plotting a course and making small steps will eventually lead to completion. How sweet it will be to be finished!!

No comments: